After reading a post by Rich Czyz from 4 o'clock faculty about 10 Things I Wish Teachers Knew, I started thinking about 10 things that I wish Admin knew. After some thought, here is what I have as my list:
1. If you add something to my plate, please remove something as well.
2. Just a small bit of recognition goes a long way.
3. Support me in public and I will run through a wall for you.
4. I secretly feel like a scolded student when asked to report to your office.
5. I lose sleep over failing students.
6. Please respect the chain of command. Have parents speak to me first about issues in my classroom.
7. I have very little "free" time during school hours. Or after school for that matter...
8. I want Professional Learning days to excite and motivate me.
9. I am a learner as well. Sometimes it takes me a while to learn new tech/methods. Have the same patience with me as you want me to have with my students.
10. All I really want is what's best for my students as well. And I am exhausted from doing that...
Did I leave anything out? What would you add? Many thanks to Rich for getting me thinking about this...